No right click

Saturday, 10 November 2012

Cocooning

We woke up to the rain but it didn't last so we were able to all go to the park together, to the joy of the girls.

It's a pretty gloomy day, almost hiding its autumn colors.


But when you get close, you can see more and more gorgeous trees.


Bubbles looking for squirrel tracks


If Rhea decides to lay flat in leaves, you hardly can spot her.


When I was still living in Paris, that means ages ago mid eighties, there was this English word that was very famous: Cocooning. Everybody was talking about it and it was considered very much " in " when somebody was asking you what you were going to do during the week-end to answer : Cocooning.

We need to go out later to buy some clothes for Dennis, but excepted that, yes it's going to be a quiet cocooning day today. it will be stay in, enjoy what modern technology has to offer and stay warm. Talking about warm ( didn't do it on purpose LOL ).



Project 365+1 - Dy 315 : Warm

When I was a little girl, I used to suffer from otitis very often and I remember it was very painful.

Even as an adult, I still have very sensitive ears and if I don't protect them in Winter against cold and wind, I get this unbearable pain inside my ears, that even can give my toothache. So these are my life saver ear warmers.



I remember long ago Dennis and I went shopping somewhere, it was such a beautiful day we decided to go to Portsmouth on impulse. When we started walking on the beach there was a terrible wind and soon I realized I wouldn't be able to do it.

The only thing I had was a scarf so I put it under my chin, around my ears and tied it on the top of my head so I could have a second layer down on my ears. I certainly looked like an Easter egg having lost its way through winter and my treacherous husband even took a picture if I remember well.

In all honesty I don't know where the photo because it was at the " printed photos " time, but if I ever find it, you will be the first to see it ( maybe . . . )

Take care everybody, xxx
  

6 comments:

Stellan's Garden said...

OMG how i know what you are talking about... strong winds to mean staying home due to the horrid ear/head/tooth/mouth ache that i get! i never knew there was a word for it and thought it was another of my "defects" and im sorry, i will not wear earmuffs they just look silly on me :) my solution... i use those plugs swimmers wear but i hate talking or being talked to when i have those in, so its usually only when i drag poor coops round in bad weather.

love the photo of dennis and the girls.. rhea was made for the golden colours of autumn

Unknown said...

Oh yes Portsmouth seafront is definitely an earwarmer place. I am the same but not as badly, definitely the headache.

Great colours in those trees and enjoy cocooning, great word :D xx

Helen said...

great ear muffs, hope you manage to track down the photo of you with the scarf :)

Lynne said...

Looking forward to you finding THAT photo!!
I am keeping warm today and 'chilling out' scrapping and TV, love it :)

Hope Dennis found some clothes, I wanted jumpers and didn't find any :(
Have a great evening xxx

viv said...

I, also have problems with my ears in the cold and wind so perhaps earmuffs are for me as well.

Unknown said...

What a great idea the ear muffs are. Unfortunately no from of head wear suits me- I am not a 'hat' person.