This morning I took the girls to the pool. Rhea is in the shape of her life, she swam 32 minutes and Bubbles 34. I fed them when we came back and they just had the big special swimming pool biscuit. They are now sleeping like the house could collapse, it wouldn't wake them up.
It's still raining, less than yesterday, but it's not a nice day. When we arrived back home, I had just missed the postman so I need to go out and pick up a parcel this afternoon. If I didn't know they are crafting goodies for making Xmas presents, I think I would have waited until tomorrow.
I started my Xmas shopping, online of course, there's no way I put a foot out of the house and end up in crowds, excepted I ordered something and just go to pick it up. Sophie has her birthday mid of December, then comes Xmas, so it's a tough time. She will be 16 this year. When I saw her the first time, she wasn't quite 3 and David was 6 and a bit. I can't believe that one of these days they are both going to bring boyfriend and girlfriend home !
Project 365+1 - Day 318 : Thoughtful
This is what our friend Google has to say :
Thoughtful :
- Absorbed in or involving thought.
- Showing consideration for the needs of other people.
I am also considerate towards people I love, I've always been more of a giving type
( what doesn't mean I don't receive a lot too ) and I enjoy buying gifts more than receiving them. But it would be arrogant to talk about myself as others could do that much better, so I much more prefer talking about Dennis.
He is a really sweetheart in many ways. One of them is his memory. He has probably the worse memory on the planet. He doesn't forget Birthdays or anniversaries but he struggles for the small stuff. Sometimes though he will call or text, out of the blue and ask how was my doctor appointment, or if I enjoyed having coffee with my friend. I don't know if he makes notes everywhere or sets an alarm, but he tries really hard.
Another one is when he is going to travel for a while. Although I am the one going to the supermarket, and I am well capable of cooking, he always makes sure that there is enough food ready for me in the fridge. I really don't eat much, a piece of cheese and a yogurt, but there is no way he can accept that. So on the Sunday before he leaves, he will cook food for 6 people and say " oh, I cooked too much, well at least you will have something ready when I am away ". I do as if I wouldn't know and he is happy !
So that's my fridge and I already starting eating !
Take care everybody, xxx

7 comments:
Ahh lovely and having met him I can confirm that he is indeed a sweetheart, really interested in us and making us feel so welcome :) Ditto, you being thoughtful :) xxx
A lovely post today, Anne. I feel so privilaged to have met you both even though only online.
Sorry you couldnt rest yesterday but today was a new day, always nice to get goodies delivered, hope you managed to get them after missing the post. Such a nice post about you both, Dennis sounds very thoughtful :)
Dennis sounds lovely, enjoy every moment of him.
Excellent post, Anne!
You are really good and careful.
I like very much you both as a couple.
You always know how to show that the little things say a lot.
Thank you.
You do sound like a lovely couple.
What a lovely guy! Now, go eat! ;-) xx
Post a Comment