No right click

Friday, 27 April 2012

Guess what . . .

DH coming back home this evening I needed to order the house a bit (a lot), vacuum, fill the fridge . . . so I decided to get up much earlier to still have plenty time to give the girls a nice walk.

And guess what ?

Pouring down again ! So we stayed in and had breakfast.

Half an hour later the rain had stopped. We were all ready to go but silly Bubbles had decided that life is too short not to have some fun. She was behaving strangely, swallowing often and she also had this look on her face " I might have done something stupid " as clear as if she would carry a banner. So I knew she had swallowed something, but what?

She let me open her mouth but I couldn't see anything. She seemed more worried that I would be upset than she was looking sick, so I waited. 10 minute slater, she caughed a bit of grass. Another 10 minutes later her breakfast came out with . . . a nice size elastic band. You know the ones : 4" long and 1/4 " wide.

Then she started giving me the look " Mum, don't be mad ! " with ears backward and tail gentling wagging close to the floor. If you have a dog, you know that look !


I showed her the elastic band, but she slowly turned her head away as if the look of it was too much for her to bear. Little monster . . .

Around a year ago, we had to bring her to the Vet because she had swallowed gravels.
I didn't know how many, I just started noticing she was poo-ing gravels. When I saw the X-ray I couldn't believe it.There was half a kilo in there. Hopefully it all came out the natural way. The Vet told us that even with " normal " dogs, sometimes in their life they just might decide swallowing stuff. He talked about a family having a pot of pennies close to their fireplace and one day their dog ate the whole 45p what is a lot of pennies to swallow.

Bubbles feeling happy again, we decided to go to the park as luckily the rain hadn't started again.We had a nice walk as the weather even became pleasant.


Some nice flowers :


By the way, have noticed that the human ear is capable to make you ear only what you want to hear ?

No no no, I am not talking about men's attitude in a relationship ( may be another time ), I am talking about filtering noise.
I told you before that the M3 is splitting our park in 2. You can hear the motorway if you concentrate but you mostly will hear the birds singing and nothing else.
This morning there was a bird that sang absolutely beautifully and I decided to video it. I couldn't see him, but I thought at least I could record his song. So did I but when I listened back I was horrified to hear that the motorwar noise was horrendous and made the recording more or less worthless.
So it looks like our body parts are more perfected than machines after all and Robots have a lot to catch up to do with us !


Project 365+1 - Day 118 : Art

I don't remember who said " As long as you see it as Art, then it is. "
This is the approach taken here !

I have 2 photos to share. They are both equally important and I couldn't chose.

In May 2003, we were seeing the kids every second week-end more or less regularly since a year ( depending on their mum's mood of the day ). They still weren't allowed to stay overnight but one thing was sure, she had miserably failed, thanks God, to convince them that I was a monster and my relationship with them was absolutely blooming. They were 7 and 10, still small enough to have a lot of kiddies fun, Rhea had just joined the family a month ago and I wanted to celebrate the fact that after such hard work, everything was eventually falling into place.

So we had a kind of guessing game all together about what was special and unique about each of us. We came up with Hobbycraft for me, Food for DH, Craft for Sophie, Arsenal Football team for David and Park for Rhea.

From there I drew the picture below with Chalk.


Have you seen my waist ? I wish !

And when Bubbles joined us in December 2005, we added her with " Play " as symbol.

This piece of Art is still hanging in the conservatory, I even used a picture of it as front cover on a Scrapbook I did about us all and it is very precious to us.

The second picture is related. It is about what we do all 4 of us together. The kids were always eager to do things with us and I often organize crafting afternoons. We still have crafting afternoons nowadays although they are now 19 and almost 16 because they still love it.

On the top is the box decoration session we had last week-end.


Below left was when we decorated toilet rolls, put an open empty egg on them, with some earth and seeds in order to grow hair. They are old now, so their hair is almost white or fell out.
On the right was the making masks session. This one was made by DH and he unanimously had received the 1st price.

The date of our next session is not yet fixed but we want to do either clay or pottery.

Take care everybody, xxx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad Bubbles is ok.

Your artwork/projects are all stunning.

cookcreateread said...

Gorgeous ART Anne! I love the egg people :D Naughty Bubbles!! x

Anonymous said...

Glad bubbles is ok now. I think it is lovely how close you are to the step children, there must be a lot of love in your house

Kristina said...

The chalk picture is just perfect and all the other art as well - you are wonderful to organize craft afternoons, it's a great way to bond.

viv said...

Family craft days are a great way to share company, fun and creativity. We used to have them but it's a while since we last had them. I'm looking forward to the babies getting older.

Unknown said...

Great news about lovely Bubbles. Crafting is therapy and the more I use it to bond and express with the kids the happier I am. Jen xx