No right click

Friday, 5 October 2012

Gutted

I've been following the story of April Jones disappearance very closely over the past days. I heard this morning they now opened a murder investigation, so it surely doesn't look good for her being found alive. I don't know why I bonded so much with her but I am really gutted that there are so many deranged people on earth.

May be it's naivety, but I always try to see the good in people. On another side, I think that people who do anything to kids should lose any human rights the minute they put their hands on one. Why should they be treated as human beings when they don't behave as such. It's such an awful story.

Today's weather was very different from yesterday and it rained now and then.


I took both girls out early as I needed to go to Asda ( lucky me ! ). It was extremely busy with people who don't know where they want to go with their caddies, whereas I tried to get the hell out of there as quickly as I could. Gosh do I dislike shopping in any form ! ! !



Project 365+1 - Day 279 : A local landmark

The park photos you see everyday are more or less all from the ex-golf course that was turned into a park, but we do have a very famous park in Eastleigh, called Fleming Park and it happens to be separated from the ex-golf course by the river, so we have a massive park now.

Many years ago, there was a Lord ( or Sir, can't remember ) Fleming who was very rich and owned a lot of land. When he died, the people of Eastleigh discovered that he had decided to give all his land to them, that's how we ended up with Fleming Park, named after him. It's land that is only for recreation purposes and housing building on it is not allowed.  There is a very big sporting center with a swimming pool, squash, table tennis, gym, mini-restaurant. There are also many external tennis courts, several football pitches and a play area for children. It's a very famous park and it's often used to give directions.

Fleming park is completely flat so it's more a sport and family picnics park, whereas the ex-golf course park due to its wildness and hills terrain is more used by joggers , nature lovers ( I saw a dear there, many years ago ) and dog walkers.

This is what Fleming park looks like ( with the sporting center top right ).

 Take care everybody, xxx
  

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Thank you for telling us about Flemming Park. My parents had close friends in Eastleigh but after my parents died I lost contact with them!

Borqna said...

Excellent post, Anne! Thanks so much for this interesting information!
Gorgeous photos!
I just like Lynne, I think something about my parents for this challenge. /Actually I think for all of us
as little girls./
I wish you a wonderful evening!

Unknown said...

I knew this information from our visit there, doesn't that feel like a while ago now?

The park is still looking good.

Terrible situation in Wales for that community.

viv said...

That poor family in Wales. My heart goes out to them.
Thank you for the history of your park.
Our park was also once owned by a landowner. The house is now a nursing home for dementia patients

Helen said...

great post about the history of the park.