Today is another dull day, we went to the park, only to find out there was a guy who couldn't control his dog. Of course it was a Pit-bull. Stupid people not being able controlling their dogs seldom chose a retriever or a poodle, they have to have potentially dangerous dogs when they are not trained properly.
Thanks God the Pit-bull was still young so he didn't appear really threatening, he was even looking cute but he was really annoying jumping on the back of all dogs around and trying to have it his way. He was following us so there was no escape in sight. I couldn't let Rhea off lead and I had to turn around her so he can't touch her. Bubbles was also getting really annoyed. She eventually walked towards him and growled and barked at him with her hair up like cats do and he ran away to annoy over people.
Bless her, she is such a good guard dog. I don't remember if I told or not, but several months ago, we were playing ball in the park just her and I and this mastiff came to sniff her. She looked like a Yorkie close to him. He was a very nice dog but she wasn't in the mood. Because he was taking his time and not going away, whilst she wanted to continue playing ball she faced him, head up and growled at him. The amazing thing is that she really meant it and she managed to push this mountain of a dog away. His master and I were laughing like anything.
Project 365+1 - Day 299 : Black & White Heartwarming
This French comedian, Coluche, I keep mentioning now and then once said something like " If you want to get compliments, you better give them to yourself because nobody else will. "
That's of course not completely true but I learned over the years that giving myself a pat on the back when I deserve it, is also very rewarding, so that's what I am doing today.
Many months ago when we took the decision that I would stop my part-time job to concentrate on learning programming, it caused a serious strain on our finances, not that I earned millions but still in this economical context it was and is pretty noticeable and there was also this Mac computer Dennis bought for my birthday because I needed one.
After having worked so hard and having so big doubts I would manage, I realize that I now know what I am doing much better and I start being able to help Dennis in his work a bit. I am proud of myself because it was and still is difficult and there are still mountains of things to learn, but I am getting there. So my photo today won't be heartwarming to anybody but me. It show my ( messy ) desk on a typical working day and I know how many hours I am stuck there everyday.
Take care everybody, xxx

3 comments:
Well done on your achievement. I have done a small amount of programming in the past (forgotten a lot of it now)and the achievement of getting it to work is amazing.
you should feel very proud of your achievement, well done :)
Dear Anne, congratulations on this post! I am very glad of your achievements. Indeed, one must make a report of his work to be able to progress. One must say - I'm good. I can.
I like your picture! It is really heartwarming. It shows the hard mental work. You - Zodiac sign Taurus are very stubborn people! Success!
Post a Comment