It was so awful this morning, probably 10 cms mud, slippery and dirty. The girls were dark brown when they came back. Do I dislike this time of the year . . .
Project 365+1 - Day 362 : Special
I took a similar photo when we had the word Ring during the Olympics but I didn't explain the context.
In 2001 we were on holidays in the Dominican Republic. We had taken a bus to go to a near-by small city and we were window shopping. There was a jewelry store and Dennis said " Let's go inside and have a look ".
He went to a kind of turquoise stone ring and said :
- I would like to offer you a ring. Would you like this one ?
The ring was " eeek ", well I don't like turquoise. So he went around showing me one after the other. It was a very small store but they also had a couple of diamond rings. He asked me if it was more what I liked and I said yes, if it' not too big.
By then a salesman had come to us and Dennis told me to close my eyes. For the next 15 minutes, then were both chatting and putting things in and out my finger when Dennis said :
- OK, can you just take a walk outside.
- ????
So I went outside and I was thinking " does it mean what I think it means ?"
Then Dennis joined me and we continued our walk. For the next 3 days, nothing happened and honestly, I was really wondering what was going on.
One morning he told me we needed to go to the hotel reception. He made me sit and close my eyes.
Then I heard somebody coming to me and the thing of trying rings started again.
A while later, I was allowed to open my eyes. The salesman I had met before had a bright smile on his face when he left so I thought he probably had done a sale. We went back to our room, went to the pool, just as if nothing had happened.
So when we were getting ready for diner, I thought that something would happen then. But when we left, Dennis had a shirt without pockets, a tight trouser and was empty handed. I started thinking I had misunderstood the whole thing.
Then after diner, he proposed a walk along the beach. By then I knew nothing would happen tonight so I was more relaxed. There was a bench under a coconut, the moon was shining, it was so beautiful, then he went on a knee, opened a box with this ring inside and proposed. I was so surprised that after saying yes, the first thing I asked was where he had hidden the box, lol .
Well he had hidden it in one of his boots and kept it there for 3 hours.
So yes, my ring is special because it's my engagement ring but also because of the fabulous funny story around it.
Take care everybody, xxx

7 comments:
Wow what a story! I really love reading your posts. The ring is really very very special as is your husband.
What a beautiful story. I'm sitting her with eyes filling up.
What a beautiful story Anne, he is a good 'un :) xxx Beautiful ring as well.
That is a beautiful story and a lovely ring.
what a lovely post anne...a very special memory :)
Amazing story, Anne! Thank you so much that you share it with us. I am very thrilled!
Yes, you are really a very special couple! Person can each time to learn something new from you.
You have a special talent for writing, too.
Thank you for your comments on my blog.
What a lovely story Anne. One you can treasure forever
Post a Comment