No right click

Saturday, 8 December 2012

What a night . . .

Dennis was supposed to come back last night and at 8pm he called me to tell it was snowing heavily and his flight was delayed. I always keep an eye on both airports, Swiss and UK, so I had a look at the status of the flight that was supposed to fly to him in order to bring him back.

Well, it was delayed too, but it was so much delayed that at the time Dennis was supposed to fly from Switzerland, the outgoing flight hadn't even left England yet and I though that with our luck, his flight was going to be cancelled.

Eventually the flight left England and reached Switzerland and Dennis took off with more than 2 hours delay. He landed in Gatwick at 00:20 and reached home at almost 3 am. I got up at 8:30 to feed the girls while Dennis tried to recover a bit and my first impression was " We are much too old for this kind of nonsense.  "
Thankfully, next week will be the last one 'til the end of the year.

We went to the park pretty late, it was a gorgeous day, not too cold.

Talking about planes and gorgeous day, how beautiful is that ?



Then after a while it turned into this :


Nothing much to report, kind of brain dead. We took the Xmas tree down from the loft and will install it tomorrow.




Project 365+1 - Day 343 : Mundane

When I got this word, I explained to Dennis what kind of photo I was going to take and he said " No, no, no. Mundane doesn't mean that". He told me what it means but I had to check because I wouldn't believe him.

Mundane : common, ordinary, banal, unimaginative.

I couldn't believe it because the French equivalent " Mondain " means exactly the
opposite : related to high Society, posh

Another very false friend !!!

So this is my photo for today 


Take care everybody, xxx
  

5 comments:

Stellan's Garden said...

lol that looks like the pilot was drunk!!!

you are too funny.. id have loved to have seen your interpretation of "mundane"... i guess i am lucky in a way as there arent many german words to be found in the english language, so no confusion there.

Janice said...

I know what you mean about getting too old for late nights, hope next week is easier for travelling.
I struggled with mundane too, love your deconstructed crisp sandwich!

Helen said...

love the airoplane trail...and how strange about the mundane translation, very confusing for you.

Lynne said...

Good job Dennis was home to interpret for you LOL!!

What a lovely blue sky today xx

Unknown said...

Great photo of the plane and trail. Love the take on mundane too!

I am glad Dennis is home safely, but what an arduous journey for him. I hope he recovered well enough to enjoy his saturday.

Good luck with the tree decorating :D xxx