No right click

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Fate or Destiny ?

Last night the tempest raged again but when we got up the wind was gone, only the rain remained.

Something funny happened though. During the night, the roof of our shed got damaged.


Now, I could install an elephant in the midle of the living room, DH would go around it without noticing. That's another matter with the girls. Although there was no wind at all to make it obvious, as soon as I opened the garden door they spotted the difference immediately and rushed barking to the shed to make the " intruder " going away.

Today I want to briefly talk about one of my favorite topics: Fate and destiny. I think they are the most fascinating things to try and understand in human life.

Yesterday, DH asked me if I could pick up a piece of equipement for him in a shop. He said he called them and they had one left but when I asked if he has reserved he said no
( typical male wouldn't you say , lol ).
Anyway I jumped into the car to go there. I wanted to buy a thunderball ticket for the evening but I didn't want to take a chance of delaying my arrival and find out that the stuff had been bought by somebody else, so I drove there first, bought the item and got the Thunderball ticket on my way back.

Last night, I watched the results. I had 4 numbers, so I won £100. " Normal " people just would be happy ( what I am ) but I can't help asking myself  the question : I bought a luck dip so if I had bought it on my way there and not on my way back, I should have got different numbers. Theoritically, the winning numbers shouldn't have changed. So that means I wouldn't have won, but I did. So : Fate or Destiny ?


Project 365+1 - Day 120 : Lights

That's an interesting word and full of meaning to us. This morning w went to B&Q and I spotted ( ah ah ) these lights. They are gorgeous and change colors, very soothing.


When I say the topic lights is full of meaning to us, it is in a very strange way.
When I came to UK in 2000, the house we were renting must have had a problem with the electrical installation, because we were buying more bulbs that Sainsbury's was able to restock.
A year later we then moved to this house and believe it or not, it's the same. We have 5 spot lights in the kitchen, the 5 lamps are never ever on at the same time.

We buy halogen lamps as we need good light for our work but they just all burst after a couple of months.  The photo below is from our living room.


The one on the left broke, was repaired by DH and died again 1 week ago.
The one of the right is waiting for her turm to be repaired.
The one in the middle is the only one actually giving light, we bought it 3 days ago. We are so fed up that we even bought a replacement insurance in case it breaks.

It will either stop the breaking or it will bring B&Q to their knees. Watch the news in the next months . . .

Take care everybody, xxx
  

7 comments:

Helen said...

Sorry to hear about the shed, awful weather at the moment. Well done on the lottery win and some good light pictures you have.

Hazel said...

Rotten thing to happen to the roof. Like your lights pictures - shame about the malfunctioning though - hope you get it sorted. You asked on my blog why you can't leave a comment on your own blog - you could try: uncheck the "stay signed in" box when you log in - not sure why it works but I think it does - have a go and let me know x

Unknown said...

LOve your light pictures. I wanted to pop to a lighting shop- but went to the supermarket instead- and still haven't taken a lights picture!

Well done on the lottery win- hope you treat you and dh to something lovely to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

we were having bulb problems ,and was by an electrtion not to buy cheap bulbs and he was right , it is worth spending a bit extra, sorry to hear about your shed

KathiJo said...

My father-in-law and I drive my husband mad with our constant.. if we had done this yesterday.. or ..imagine if that was the other way round...talk!

viv said...

Anne, what fantastic luck, whqther it is fate or destiny we'll never know but we do know you'll enjoy spending it. Are you going to buy something special with it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Anne, enjoy the windfall.

Now fate, destiny. A Sunday is surely the day to discuss but I have no answers. Looking back on my life I can see how my personality has influenced any decisions and the path I have taken and how if I had chosen differently how things would have turned out. I guess I think I still would have hurt people unintentionally and others would have hurt me. I guess then that I agree with a destiny that gets you where you were going and there are different ways of getting there. Jen xx