No right click

Monday, 30 April 2012

Such an unfair word

In a month or so, we will receive my parents visit and they will fly in into Gatwick. Although it's a direct flight it's still a big trip for them due to their age.  Additionally to that, Gatwick is a massive airport so since a couple of years, we organize a special assistance so that they are picked at their exit from the plane, helped with luggage and passport control and brought to us directly at the exit.

Last year nobody knows exactly what happened but there was a confusion and the airport assistance didn't come to meet them. My parents waited for a while and when nobody showed up, they decided slowly slowly to try and find the exit by themselves, following other people. It was basically a good plan but if you have been in Gatwick already, you can imagine 2 very elderly French with more or less no English knowledge rummaging the corridors without knowing where they are going to . . . No good !

At that time, my fall had already happened a couple of weeks before, so I was sofa bound and waiting home for DH to bring them back. He was waiting for them at the exit, unuware they hadn't been picked up.
In the meanwhile, my parents followed the flow, reached the exit without noticing, passed it and started walking around in the normal shops area. DH who was keeping an eye on 2 wheel chairs supposed to show up didn't spot them on foot !

My dad managed to ask somebody where the exit was, but because they were already out, peole kept on telling them it depended if them wanted a taxi or a bus . . . My parents knew there was ONE exit after the luggage, so they kept on saying, they just wanted to go to THE exit. Then bless them they remembered they had a phone and tried to call DH. It was a bit of a mess with adding a zero before the number but they eventually managed to call and they all were within 10 meters of each other.

No need to say I was kind of furious they were forgotten but we got sinceres apologies and for my parents it was a kind of adventure, so it was all funny after all.

This morning I needed to call Easyjet to book the assistance again. I couldn't remember the number so I went to their website and clicked on " HELP".

That window opened.


and I thought, well it doesn't start well. It says on the top "Let us help you " and just below that: " This page doesn't exist anymore."  People surely could double ckech their website, LOL.

Anyway I managed to book everthing and they promised everything will go smoothly this time.

There was a bit of sunshine today and I played with water reflections.



Some flowers I hadn't seen in the park yet



Project 35+1 - Day 121 : Dessert

Firstly I need to vigorously complain about the word of the day because it's hard enough to stay away from that stuff without being reminded of it, LOL !

Anyway as it is the word of today I had to have a good think about it !

We normally buy Asda ice cream but recently the Ben and Jerry's were on promotion so we decided to try them and WOW , take it from us there are a delight ! They taste gorgeous and there are plenty of little things inside like chocolate, cookies and marshmallows . . .  I am normally not so keen on ice cream but they are to die for. Just what you need for a diet !



The only reason why there is till a bit in the bottom is because the kids come this week-end and we thought they might want to taste, but they better hurry up . . .

Take care everbody, xxx
  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They do look delicious!

I hope you and your parents have a great time when they visit.

Helen said...

mmm very nice dessert!

KathiJo said...

More lovely blogging.. and try mince pie or Christmas Pudding Ice Cream if you like them..I do!!

Anonymous said...

charlotte's favorite Icecream lol

Unknown said...

What a nightmare for your parents and DH (and you from afar!)
Oh goodness, I cannot remember which one it is but they have a new/old range out called B&J Core and one of them with cookie dough and choc is divine. Actually, don't buy it ever! You have been warned :) Jen xx