No right click

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

12-12-12

Did you notice that today is the 12th of December 2012 ?

It brings a lot of luck in Chinese traditions. Two years ago we took a photo of us and the girls on the 10th of October 2010 in front of a clock at exactly 10:10. May be pushing it a bit but hey, you never know in case it really brings luck.

You might have heard about Eric Berne. He invented Transactional Analysis with the famous theory that in each of us there is a " parent, adult and child " way of expressing ourselves and most relationships chaos happen when you communicate with another person by not using the same level. For example, if you talk as a child and your partner talks as an adult, your chances of understanding each other are close to zero.

When I got up this morning it was freezing above my wildest nightmare -3 degrees with wind. I fed the girls and then you should have been here , because although I was alone, there was a hell of a discussion.

My child was saying : No, no and no. I don't care, it feels like the North Pole and I won't go out today.

My parent was : bla bla bla. You can say what you want, you and I perfectly know that you are going to out out anyway because the girls do need their walk.

And then there was my adult trying to get between them both : Can you both just stop it and be reasonable for a second . . .

Anyway, I did go out in the end, but it was brutal !

My auntie gave me a call as she received her birthday present, so now I can show you :


There are some pegs in the back so you can use it for photos or reminders. She said she really liked it because of the colors I used, so I was pretty pleased.

I forgot to take a picture of her card though, :-( , I used some " me to you bear " stamps.



Project 365+1 - Day 347 : Obligation

It was a tough one indeed. I thought that being mid of December, it was an obligation in itself to face such cold temperatures.

I initially thought it was snow, but it is " only " ice.


Take care everybody, xxx
  

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Lovely photo and interesting conversation that you led with yourself. My students informed me that we couldn't write a test today as it is probably the last day of the world :-D. We did it nevertheless.

Helen said...

It was like that here with the cold and ice. I didnt notice the date until Richard told me and I love what you made for your aunt :)

viv said...

I think we must all have those conversations sometimes.
I love your present for your Auntie.

Janice said...

We did have snow this morning, not much though and it meant the temperatures were a little higher at -1C. At this time of year -3 is fairly common for us in Scotland and two years ago it got down to -14C which is FAR too cold!

Unknown said...

Love the pressie, just so lovely.

12.12.12 is a bit fab isn't it. Even more so that the world didn't end. xxx