No right click

Friday, 7 December 2012

. . . your fishing line ?

I worked late again last night so didn't get up before 8:30. It was freezing cold and as previous days, I decided we would go out late morning. It was very windy too.


Something happened but I'll tell you in 365+1.

Today Miss Little Devil was allowed to go off lead and she really enjoyed that although she realized that with stitches you can't run that much and that quick so she had to make some small stops now and then. She still has her coat and will keep it until the stitches are off as I don't fancy getting mud on them.


For whatever reason, having Rhea off lead also makes Bubbles happier, like everything is back to normal.


Last but not least, a big LOL at me. That's what I was discussing with Helen the other day. I don't have a model to do my rainbow Jumper so I calculated how many stitches. . . and just started knitting in front of the TV without thinking. All was fine until I finished the front and needed to calculate how to stop it. Didn't have time to do that so I started the back, until I finished it and faced the same problem, so I started one sleeve but had to stop too as I need to calculate how many stitches I need to increase and I ran out of needle so I need to free some before I can continue. So this is where I am so far.


Hopefully I find time this week-end to do some measurements so I can continue.

Oh and Dennis comes back tonight. Yeah !!!



Project 365+1 - Day 342 : Comfort

I need to make a confession Suzie, I am not sure if we had comfort or not before. It does ring a bell, but I can't remember the photo I would have taken.

So Suzie 1, Anne 0.

You know what? Life is fabulous. You get up in the morning not knowing what will happen to you, whom you will meet, if your day will be fun or a pain. So many people want to know their future, I think it's a fun spoiler.

Anyway, when I saw the word, I was in 2 minds about what to take. Then we went to the park and this happened.

An old chap I vaguely know asked me something when I met him. It was finishing by something like " fishing line ".

Fishing line ? ? ? ?  

So I asked him to repeat and he said :

- Did you forget your fishing line ?

I must have looked really puzzled as he added :

- Are you walking back to your igloo ?

I was starting seriously doubting his sanity when I eventually understood. So I said :

- Do I look so terrible?

And he said : - No, you just look like you forgot your fishing line.

So I told him the least he could do now would be to take a picture. But in fact he messed it up so I had to take it myself. Not my fault if it is so cruelly bitter cold !

It surely fits today's word so that's what I will use.


Take care everybody, xxx
  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look brilliant and I can see where he is coming from :) Even I have been wrapping up with hat, gloves and scarf with my coat, not often I need all that! xxx

Helen said...

Well done with the jumper- you do knit fast, the colours look great...hope you find the time to do the calculations :) Great photo of you...you do need to keep warm, but lol about the fishing line :)

Stellan's Garden said...

lol you do look rather like an eskimo!! but before anybody gets their knickers in a twist.. i LOVE eskimos... typical british humor there then. Nice to see the girls all happy again...

oh and comfort was on day 62 (or 63) .. ive gone off list and taken the prompts from JYC instead.

Lynne said...

LOL Anne meeting you like that would have frightened me!!! new name eskimo anne!!!

I hate wrapping up especially from house to car so often have less clothes rather than more, even in winter!!