No right click

Friday, 8 June 2012

Bad hair day !

There is something that puzzles me about this country. Either we are in drought or we are flooded. Yesterday was surely part of the second category.

It briefly stopped raining during the afternoon so I thought I take my chance and go to the park. I left Rhea but took Bubbles. As soon as we were at a respectable distance away from the house, of course it started raining again and raining not for fun.


The little river is flooding again and the duck family will be back soon I recon.


When we welcomed Bubbles home as a puppy, almost 7 years ago, Rhea was already going to hydrotherapy so we took Bubbles along and she immediately loved water as most of Golden Retrievers do.

On the very first day at the pool, she was nicknamed punky, because . . . water and her
hair . . .  well  . . .

You know what my Bubbles looks like " normally " , meaning after she had her brushing.


Before her brushing, like for example when we just came back from the park, it's a bit different. So this is my punky with her bad hair day :


I think if she could sue me, she would, because she wasn't happy I took a picture and laughed ! Very sensitive girl ! But I gave her a kiss AND a brushing and she was fine again, lol.

So next time you think you are having a bad hair day, think about Bubbles and you'll feel good again !

Last night we had terrible gale winds, it was incredibly noisy and at 5am, Rhea was scratching the baby gate to go upstairs because she was scared. Bubbles didn't want to be left out of the party, so we finished the night all 4 of us in the bedroom.

Early morning I dropped Rhea at the Vet ( again ! ) so they can do blood tests and compare the kidneys values with the previous ones 3 weeks ago. They also want to X-ray her knees and hips as although she walks a bit, she still can't go any more than 100 meters. That means sedation, what I don't especially like but she is such a nervous and anxious dog that she wouldn't stay on the table.

I will get her back later this evening and we will see what happens.

To say the least the weather is extremely unfriendly, windy, wet and cold. My parents always chose their return day very well. Last year the same thing happened, As soon as they were gone, the weather became terrible.

I still made a round in the park with Bubbles. Funnily enough I was unable to take photos of the wind in the trees. I probably should taken several pictures in a row, but I didn't fancy staying there too long and take a branch on my head, so no photos of the park this morning !



Project 365+1 - Day 160 :Vintage

I hardly do any vintage look when I craft, we hardly drink wine, I don't have clothes of the past century so once again I needed help from Google :

Vintage : Characterized by excellence, maturity. Length of existence; age.

This doggy is one of the girls' friends and I was lucky enough to meet him in the park this morning. He is almost 16 years old and he still looks pretty good, although he walks very slowly.


Take care everybody, xxx
  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect choice for Vintage- what a gorgeous dog.

Don't tell Bubbles- but I had to smile at her Bad Hair Day. Holly tends to get bad hair days mainly on holiday- and it's the rough hair on her back that goes it's own way. She even had a birthday card that mentioned her bad hair day status!!!!!

Hope Rhea's results are encouraging and the vet decides what they need to do to make her happier to walk again.

Lynne said...

Bad hair day made me smile too!!

Thank you for looking up the word vintage as now I can use a photo of DH today (again)!!!!

Hope Rhea's results are OK xxxx

Borqna said...

I agree with Kim -
"Perfect choice for Vintage - what a gorgeous dog."
Thank you again - you helped me for my choice.
Anne, I am very glad when I see that your image is first in line. Everything starts with A.
The picture quality is perfect!

Helen said...

bless bubbles and her bad hair day, awful weather at the moment isnt it. Hope Rhea gets on ok at the vets and well done on the photo.

Unknown said...

Hoping to hear encouraging news about Rhea then.

Lol at poor Bubbles. Minty always has a bad hair day!

I am stuck on vintage at the moment, i'll go and put Ali to bed and have a think!

KathiJo said...

Awhh, your dogs and their pals.. so sweet x

viv said...

Love your vintage photo, and the one with Bubbles' bad hair day. Shaun phoned this morning and said they had had gales in Weston Super Mare and had lost a tile on the roof. We were lucky and they didn't get to us.
I hope Rhea is OK now and the blood tests are good.