No right click

Monday, 14 January 2013

Making public amend . . .

. . .  towards the weather presenters.

Today was a 3am day, a tough one as we didn't have one in a month. Additionally to that, it was basically getting up at the time we have been going to bed all past week.

We went to bed at 10:00, having some difficulties to sleep. They had announced snow and I was worried for Dennis to drive all the way to the airport with heavy snow. I woke up and got up at 2am and it was snowing, very lightly but the garden had a fine blanket of snow, what didn't help me to go back to sleep. At 3, it was still snowing lightly but it didn't seem it would cause a problem on the road, if it wasn't worse up north.

After Dennis left I managed to sleep again and when I eventually got up at 8:30 , there was no snow to be seen. If I hadn't got up at 2, I would have said again that the weather presenters haven't got a clue about what they are talking about.  Actually, they are announcing more for this afternoon, so let's wait and see..

We went to the park and it was very cold again. Even in the house it is freezing. The only room where there is heating upstairs is the bathroom. We sleep with open window at night and the bedroom is empty during the day, so no point.
The kids sleep here every second week-end, so no point either. The only problem is my office as I spend a lot of time working in there, but all my craft things are stored in front of the radiator, so over my dead body there will be heating in this room.

However on days like today where I type on my keyboard with gloves, I am not such a happy bunny. I guess I could take the laptop and go downstairs where it is warm, but I have such a big screen here, it's much more convenient. I guess that as always, I will wait 'til I can't take it anymore, lol.



Nostalgia challenge - January : New beginnings

It's very nice to host a challenge, it also very nice to have somebody else doing all the hard work for you. Nostalgia is hosted by Kathy this week and you can find it HERE. It's sooo nice !

All my life I had this fascination for coincidence, fate, chance, luck but the easy reason behind it is that it has been pursuing me all my life.

When I did my challenge last week based on with the word serendipity ( unexpected events bringing you happiness ), it was the week that Borqna's surprise parcel chose to arrive although it had been posted well before Christmas.

Today, Kathy is asking us to think about new beginnings.

Well today is January the 14th and on this exact date 22 years ago, I was flying back from New Zealand, after a crash mid-life crisis that had taken me around the globe. On that day, in that plane, I was finally ready to face reality and start over.
I certainly will never forget that day, also because a couple of days before Bush had announced they were going to war against Iraq through the Operation desert Storm and my mum was scared my plane would be shot down, lol.

The other event that I have a deep nostalgia about and certainly symbolizes a new beginning, also happened during this week of Kathy's challenge. It is the wedding of my parents, 64 years ago on this coming January 19th.

Now that I have my topic ( s ), I need to give some thoughts on how to approach this challenge, so I guess I will have more later during the week.

Take care everybody, xxx
  

8 comments:

KathiJo said...

Oh Anne, I knew I would be able to rely on you for some great memories.. so so good for your parents to have shared so many years .. and wow, what a busy travelling life you have had xx

Unknown said...

64 years is astonishing so well done to them.

I am intrigued as to the travel and what you did during your time...xxx

Alison Roots said...

Congratulations to your parents. I too would love to hear more about your travels.

Helen said...

congratulations to your parents for 64 yrs! together.
As for your serendipity, I saw a photo on facebook from Sarahscards they are at CHA and elles studio have a range coming out called...serendipity :)

Lynne said...

I too need my nose feeding!!!
Sorry I really am nosey LOL!!
What was your midlife crisis, why did you leave NZ?

Wow 64 yrs is a brilliant time to be married!!

Borqna said...

Congratulations to your parents for 64 yrs! together.
Congratulations for the interesting post.
I am very glad that you like magnets - photos.
I'm a little ashamed that I hung back four months this shipment. But look - maybe it was supposed to happen.
I put them on our refrigerator so I don't lose them!
When I sent them - my husband said - Something is missing here!
My son said the same thing. We were so accustomed to your photos! / And those of Viv/
HUGS

Kristina said...

Wow, 64 years of marriage, that's really awesome and rare. They are lucky to get to celebrate it. As to your story - I am nosy too. At that time I was a beginner teacher - started on January 3rd 22 years ago.

viv said...

congratulations to your parents on 64 years. I expect they rub along very well by now.
I am really looking forward to more of your memories.