I got a call from my mum yesterday, the call she normally doesn't place excepted something is wrong.
My Dad was transported to hospital again with heart bits of 35. They keep him in observation but the cardiologist said to my parents he should install a pacemaker. They all agreed to think about it for 48 hours.
Since I got that phone call, I've been panicking on how to manage to fly down, with Dennis away, no pet sitter ... I managed to find the pet sitter, she had bereavement in her family ... she was as stressed as I was but she agreed to keep the girls.
Then I looked for flights, horrendously expensive from Southampton: £500 to go to Marseille. They are kidding, right?
Then I found some from Gatwick. The cheapest was EasyJet but leaving at 6am on Wednesday morning, right ! Then there was BA having me arriving in Marseille at midnight, still 30 kms away from my parents.
One of my good friends said she would drive me to Gatwick on short notice. She knows I am hopeless to go there, bless her. I get lost everywhere, here. I believe the road signs in England are horrendous compared to other countries.
I couldn't reach Dennis though and didn't want to take him out of a meeting so didn't want to phone.
Then mum called again and I said I wanted to come. She dissuaded me doing it at least on Wednesday, because it was all too tight and stressing and anyway she wasn't even sure that they would put the pacemaker on Thursday, it also could be on Friday.
It was then decided that I will call them at the hospital on Wednesday afternoon to know when it will be for good and then decide. Dennis will be back Friday night may be I should only go on Saturday so it would be much easier for everybody. He would drive me to Gatwick and look after the girls.
Well as you can imagine, my stress doesn't get better, but I think I mostly felt this panic because I was trapped. Now I know the pet sitter is back and will take the girls on very short notice if needed, so it's better.
I have also talked to other people about this pacemaker thing. I know it's not a massive operation but I can't help being a bit worried and wishing being there. I really need to calm down one way or another or my Dad will end up surviving me.
I eventually managed talking to Dennis. He proposed to try and come back earlier, but I said no as it would be so much trouble for just coming back 24 hours earlier.
Sorry to bother you with all that. My daily blog entries are becoming a real book now.
Today I talked to my Dad in the hospital and he was fine, pretty positive. Then it was direction park. It is another gorgeous day and to me it makes such a difference.
Rhea had a good walk, I think I see some little signs of improvement as she isn't as tired.
I had a very long wallk with Bubbles, trying to breathe the air and take into me the beauty of nature.
One day late, but I found a real bug.
and look at these beautiful autumnal colors
By the way I repaired the non-showing photos of yesterday. Must have been Murphy . . .
Oh and Happy Birthday Isi, xxx
Project 365-1 - Day 263: Negative space
The first thing that popped into my mind was the inside of my head, not that I am negative, but there are kind of lots of not fun events being dealt with in there.
Then in Google, I found a very funny definition of negative space : "The area surrounding positive space".
Like when you look for the definition of cold and you get " anything that's not hot "
It had to be though about . . .
That's my photo for negative space. It's a painting I made that is on one of our bedrooms' wall.
Below the painting it reads :
"If we go down into ourselves we find we possess exactly what we desire ".
(Simone Weil, French philosopher).
LSNED
Day 18 : Looking back on the class
Self explanatory.
Take care everybody, xxx





9 comments:
Anne if I had your phone no I would be ringing you now to chat xxxx
You seem to be lurching from one stess to another at the moment so many cyber ((((Hugs)))), sorry they aren't real:(
We have a very close friend who is a heart consultant and fits pacemakers and a friend who has just had a second pacemaker fitted so I am use to them being quite an easy procedure to do, but of course my friend with her pacemaker is only 70!!
I guess you just need to go and see them both and think you should go as soon as Dennis is home for your own sake.
A good LSNED learn today and great neg space photo too.
Take care, my love and prayers for you, your Dad and of course your Mum too xxxxx
Oh Anne, that is a stressful situation and the urge to get to your Dad must be overwhelming, so well done on taking a breath.
Big (((hugs))).
Good LSNED, yes it should be about what you want it to be about. I have found that a few of my pages are all journaling.
xxx
I hope you manage to get to see your dad soon and the girls will be fine with the pet sitter. I would gladly have done that for you if you lived near me.
I have similar worries with my dad at the moment, although not the same sort of surgery. But he's very frail and in pain. They are going to do a knee replacement- but he has a spot on his leg and the surgeon said it could be another leg ulcer. Due to diabetes he doesn't heal well- so lots of concerns whizzing round.They won't do the surgery until that is looked at. Hopefully the knee replacement will make his life easier- but the recovery could be hard.
Your wall looks a similar colour to what I'd like for my stairs!!!!!
Hope you get everything sorted and your dad is ok.
Anne, I'm sending you lots of Hugs, It is so stressful for you being so far away from your parents. I also think you need to see them if your dad has the operation, so good luck with sorting that out.
Lots of hugs about your Dad. Your bee photos are amazing.
Anne,
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Rinda
Oh dear Anne!
I ask for apologies - I just learned this. Yesterday I only saw the pictures - they are fantastic! Congratulations.
I will use the words of Lynne:
"Take care, my love and prayers for you, your Dad and of course your Mum too!"
These days I think of you constantly. You've got a gift card. You can see it here:
http://toni-tochica.blogspot.com/2012/09/mixed-media-2.html
When you decide, please mail me -
borqna_venkova@abv.bg
I will send it on address or mailbox. It is a gift from me, and by the author of the postcard.
Hugs
---
P.S. If I read this yesterday - I would not complain that there is no water! Now I'm ashamed.
ive kind of been leaving you alone as i didnt want to add to your already tight schedule... i know im too far to get you to an airport at short notice, but the girls can always have an emergency home here, it is only a 1hrs 45 mins drive and if you find yourself stuck, dont hesitate to use my number and ill come and play doggy hotel for your babies.. im sure bubbles and coopy would have a "ball" or three literally. much love also to your mum and dad!
Post a Comment