No right click

Friday, 14 September 2012

Buy 1 Get 2 Free

What happens most of the time is that when Hubby travels, Murphy's law strikes and plenty of things go wrong. Well until yesterday, it was the exception to the rule as I had a normal busy week but then, it started cascading.

At 6 PM, the doggies were fed, I had talked to Dennis and in my pan, I had a couple of eggs, ham and cheese to make a gorgeous omelet. The lighter on our cooker is broken, so we always use a manual one. Well last night it decided it had enough. So I thought I use my candle lighter, but then I remembered I let it Dennis. You let something to my darling husband, you can write it off your list, not for ever, but for a good couple of years.

So, last hope was matches. We stopped smoking almost 10 years ago so matches aren't very common in this house (especially with 2 electric lighters). I looked everywhere without success. So there I was with my gorgeous to be omelet that I just couldn't eat. I had a sympathetic thought for our cavemen ancestors, not that I believe they were cooking omelets but not having fire is definitely a pain.

Then I got an idea and eventually found a matchbox. Opening it, it was like on TV when the heroe needs to light a bar of dynamite and all he has is a wet match. Well, mine wasn't wet, but I only had one and I didn't fancy having to go out to buy matches so I didn't want to miss my chance. Amazing how such a stupid situation like this can put pressure on you ! Well it all worked and I did have a fantastic omelet.

I ate in front of depressing TV news and then decided to continue working a bit.

My brand new email decided it wasn't going to behave anymore, so I couldn't send or receive, what's basically the 2 things you need to do with an email account. I went to the GMX site, it told me I couldn't login because my password was wrong, so I set a new one, it said OK but it still didn't want me to log-in because my password was wrong.
Arrgghh !  If computers could be strangled, the rate of crime surely would increase. I contacted tech support, that was 16 hours ago, still waiting.

Then I thought : forget about it, just work. Start working, within 10 minutes a massive bang with stuff flying and all dark. My Halogen Bulb had exploded. Hubby asked this morning if in fact the Halogen bulb had burned out. I know my English isn't perfect but when I say exploded, I mean exploded.

Rhea ran for her life, it was all dark, I didn't know where the pieces of glass were . . . If you have an iPhone, there is a gorgeous free torch application, download it just in case.
I used it for the first time: Really handy ! It took a while to go out of there and check the doggies paws, but then I decided to just close the door and go to bed. Enough for one evening !

This morning, well the email still doesn't work, the carpet if glass free and I put a bulb on the ceiling lamp so at least there will be light tonight. Dennis will have to check the Halogen lamp,

I would be happy if Murphy could take a nap today, though . . . 

The weather is cold and wet, but we went for our walk and managed to come back dry.
I spotted this guy who wasn't very scared.


Did you ever see how they actually take off ? They jump on the spot a couple of times and then fly away, really funny.




Project 365+1 - Day 258 : Fall

It's amazing how our brain works. There are things we believe we accepted and put behind us ages ago but then they suddenly just pop out unannounced.

When I read the prompt this morning " Fall " I got a kind of kick in my stomach and
I thought " why on earth does Suzie want to see pictures of people falling down ? " Silly hey ?

I then realized that 1. there were other falls, like object falls and and 2. Fall is also a season.

This is what I found for today:





LSNED - Day 13 : What would I dare doing, even if I might make a mistake ?

Well I wouldn't have thought all the prompts would be fitting my life so well this year.


Take care everybody, xxx

PS: Murphy, get lost !
  
  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Get Lost Murphy, you are not welcome :D

Well done on keeping sane and seeing the funny side of it.

It is also really exciting to think of you working on your dreams, you go Anne :D xxx

Helen said...

what a day, yes i have the torch app, not needed to use it as of yet though. Hope the email gets sorted soon and well done on the fall photo.

Lynne said...

Gosh Anne what a day!! Hope tomorrow goes well and Dennis is home soon? Lots of love xxxx

Janice said...

People falling down would have worked too! Hope you have a better day and no more Murphy.

Alison Roots said...

I thought of you and your fall when I saw today's prompt.
The halogen bulb over my desk went with a loud pop on Monday and took the circuit breaker with it, not nearly as bad as yours though.

Borqna said...

Hello, dear Anne. Here I am. I come from a Paralympic challenge to leave a comment. Pozdavleniya for photos and text.
Now I will say what I do - I dress thing upside down, backwards - sock, shirt .. - Something that people will not see. I say - Let It just is not right!
Let everything be OK!
It works! really
I know that you now laugh, but ..
/In connection with Halogen - Here I wanted to write something about my boss - German - but it is long ../
Good day!

Borqna said...

/Congratulations on your image and text/