No right click

Monday, 10 September 2012

Dogs are just kids on 4 paws

The more you talk to dogs, the more they understand. There are 2 words that are currently pretty much part of our daily life : Vet and Doctor and the girls know Vet is this guy we visit when they are sick and Doctor is something Dennis or I do to them when they are sick.

Last night, I called: " Rhea, Doctor ! "
No answer, normally she just comes to me and lays down, so I call again. Still no answer. I go to the living room and she was napping in her basket.

Well, my fault, I had forgotten the skin spray just after her supper. So I ask her again. She looks at me like " Na, I'm good here ".
So I said " OK, if you don't want to come, I do Doctor with Bubbles ".  Point is when you have a Doctor session, you get a small biscuit.  Rhea still doesn't move.

So I walk backwards direction kitchen, Bubbles follows me and looks back at Rhea " Ah ! you're just too stupid " and Rhea " She won't dare doing Doctor with you".

We arrive in the kitchen, when after 1 minute Rhea suddenly rushes in, sees me inspecting Bubbles ears and teeth ( I had to do something ), can't believe her eyes I am doing Doctor to her, and then squeezes between Bubbles and the washing machine and sits down.

Look at Bubbles " Get lost ".
Look at me " I am ready ".

Rhea got her Doctor and her biscuit. As of Bubbles, I always open the garden door, so she can close it and get a biscuit too.

These guys are just hilarious. They are such an important part of my life.

Today's weather is eek and 2 walks mean 2 opportunities to get wet. I took both, lol.




Project 365+1 - Day 254 : Legs

Just caught Dennis before he was leaving. A good way to also show his fav trousers and his fav red shoes !




LSNED - Day 9 : Sunday listening

Imagine a busy high street on a sunny afternoon. There are 1000 people passing by , there is me in the middle of all these people and there is 1 lost soul looking for comfort. Whom do you think the lost soul will stop ?

I've been like this all my life : People try to communicate with me, they come to talk to me , sometimes they have nice things to say, sometimes they have nothing to say but they still want to tell it to me. I can't go anywhere without people wanting talking to me even strangers and because I am a good listener and a kind spirit, I listen to them.

In my twenties, I really used to hate it because my friends were calling me St Bernard, you know this massive dog in the French Alps carrying a small rum barrel around his neck and supposed to save people. I was also nicknamed Sister Charity.

Getting older, I got to realize that it is in fact a blessing. It can be a bit time consuming sometimes, lol, but I learn so much about myself and when this somebody I don't know then smiles at me or tells me " you made my day ", it does me so good on the top !

So this is my lesson for today:


It happened to me this morning again in the park. I " know " this lady who was going to the Post Office once a week and one day I noticed she was local as she was walking one of her daughters' dog in the park.

I even don't know her name, but one day she told me her husband had been diagnosed with lung cancer ( they are both in their eighties ). Each time I see her , I ask how he is doing and he is doing pretty badly now, but then she will start talking about their 12 grandchildren, 8 boys and 4 girls and how blessed they are to have them. She kind of makes a verbal blog since the lat time we met, most of the stories, she tells me every single time we meet but when she goes away I can see she is happier and she has more hope. On my side she keeps on inspiring me with the courage she shows, facing her situation.

Take care everybody, xxx
  

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Anne listening is a skill that most teachers have to teach their pupils. I have found out that sadly I am a very poor listener and much more a talker and this has got worse as I have got older :( Or perhaps I need some lessons in listening skills myself or am I too old?

KathiJo said...

I'm with Lynne on this one, have always talked too much.. so much so that people think i am being 'offish' if I am quiet.. we all have our cross to bear !! xx

KathiJo said...

PS love his legs and those red shoes!

Maria Ontiveros said...

The dogs are hilarious! YOu're right that they are just like kids.
Rinda

Helen said...

I try to listen, but especially with the kids I zone out after a while.... I must try harder :)

Borqna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
viv said...

I love the 'Doctor' story. and the
'Legs'.
I think you are a good all round communicator, Anne. Your blogs are always so interesting.

Janice said...

That's a great story with the Doctoring, they are so well behaved and I could see the look!

Unknown said...

Yes, I love the Doctor story:) you are definitely a good listener. Xxx

Borqna said...

Greetings!
I like your lesson today. And the man with the red shoes - Tom Hanks? Joke! Yes, dogs are really kids on four paws.
So many things I want to say .. But the English language ..
You're so cute and happy!
Some time ago you worked in Germany - that's why you're so precise.
/ I had a boss - German. He learned Bulgarian. He had a dogs. They often come in the office.
- I love the Bulgarian language. I want to talk to practice. But at home I have a wife and dogs - they do not understand Bulgarian language! - He said
- The German Emperor had spoken German with his horses. - I say -
But Bulgarian horses! They do not know any languages! /
hugs
Bulgarian mare
*****
I had to delete my first comment - he had many spelling mistakes.