Yesterday evening I phoned my parents at the usual time but nobody answered the phone, so I tried again 5 minutes then 10 minutes later but still nobody there. So I tried their cell phone a couple of times, but nobody was answering. So what was next ? Of course I panicked. I called the hospital directly but thanks God they said my Dad hadn't been admitted.
Then half an hour later, I got a call from my mum. Honestly this one made me laugh because she had the voice I must have had as a teenager when I was calling 2 hours late and I knew I would be in trouble. She said they had to go to a special pharmacy and they just had forgotten their cell phone, but they were both fine..
Sophie had just arrived from school with Dennis so she said a few words to my Dad, in French bless her, and he was very pleased. Today they go back to the hospital as out-patients as they have an appointment with the cardiologist who wanted to check on my Dad.
After the terrible Chernobyl accident, a massive radioactive cloud started moving west, involving many countries it crossed. I remember that in Germany a lot of farmers were ordered to throw away all their crops, just to be on the safe side. Then the cloud reached The Netherlands and Belgium and we were next, but in France, it was a completely different story. We were told that there was no need to panic as the cloud stopped at the French border. It went around down to Italy and around up to UK but didn't touch us so our crops were absolutely safe. Obviously it was strongly advised not to buy anything from our neighbours because THAT wouldn't be safe . . .
Another of these amazingly crazy ideas crossed my path this morning when I was in the park with Bubbles. I saw a guy I 'd never seen before whose dog was having the bath of his life in the river. As I thought he might be new to the area I asked him if he knew there had been a serious oil spillage in the river and people were strongly advised not to let dogs or kids enter the river.
He had this amazing answer " Oh yes, I am aware of it, have you seen 10 meters above how bad it looks? Terribly dirty and unhealthy ! But here where my dog is, thanks God it's so clean. " . . .
The day started as very cloudy but brightened up and it is even warm.
I found some other beautiful foliage, looking so gorgeous in the sun
Project 365+1 - Day 272 : Bridge
This is one of the bridges we have in the park, we call it the Japanese bridge, due to its shape.
Take care everybody, xxx
PS: Massive LSNED catch up should follow soon . . .



9 comments:
Love the photograph of the bridge. I can feel your worry; love the description of you mom's comment; and glad they were ok.
rinda
I would have been panicking like crazy if I had been in your shoes. Glad that it was nothing in the end.
Your bridge is lovely.
love the bridge. So pleased your parents were ok and you tracked them down, hope the check up goes well.
Love the Bridge and it is great to see your view again.
I would have panicked if I had been you and I can just imagine your mum talking to you.
Well done to Sophie for speaking French on the phone you must have been so proud.
It's great you sharing this with us. Love your bridge. Try and have a weekend relax x
The worry just sits with you doesn't it (((hugs))).
I have been across that lovely bridge :)
Love the shot of the leaves, such a beautiful russet-red. xxx
PS Looking forward to your LSNED catch-up. I am afraid that as mine might not get done until next week that I will abandon it, so I have made a plan to do it tomorrow.
Great leaves shot with the sunlight!
How worrying for you not to hear from your parents. I think they are marvellous using a mobile at all!!
Hope the news is OK tomorrow from the hospital too.
I have just remembered I have a lovely picture of a Japenese bridge taken a few years ago!!
Your bridge is lovely, Anne! So romantic!
Of course I saw it more yesterday. Today I read what was written.
Chernobyl - a terrible tragedy. And the boundaries?...we have a song - "It's raining - after the line is not raining."
I'd be very worried if the phone is not responding, too.
Congratulations to photos - magical autumn. The red leaves of the tree - wonderful!
/Thanks for the comment on my blog. You always help me in one way or another. I really wanted to know what means FBB! The other two cars are Pl / Poland / and GB / UK Interestingly 666 - the number of the beast. He was there!/
Good day! Courage!
it does look like a Japanese bridge. We had the Chernobyl cloud here while I was pregnant with son no.1. I had to stay in when it rained!
Post a Comment