No right click

Friday, 1 June 2012

Queen AND King

Kim asked for a photo of Queen Bubbles, well her crown was being repaired so that's the best we could get. Notice the protecting arm on her subject.:


My dad wanted to read something so I gave him my Kindle. He got used to it pretty quickly and enjoyed it a lot.


In fact it looks like we not only have a mistaken Queen here but also a mistaken King. Whilst he was reading, mum was repairing his trousers ( because he obviously had refused to remove them in the middle of the living room . . . )


May be we have so many mistaken Royalties to compensate for some monkeys living
here ?

Later in the day my stepkids showed up and everybody was happy to meet again. My parents offered them the London Olympics version of the Monopoly and the Kids loved it.
If you want to get one, it's at a bargain price at Argos ! ( One Monopoly, not one kid, lol ).


This morning I slept until 8am and that was sooooo good, then went to the park but again Rhea wasn't too keen on walking too long so I brought her back.

It was pretty empty today , probably because the weather wasn't so nice.


After that we went to buy some groceries again. We live in a small city ( or town  ? I never remember the difference in English ) but there are a lot of preparations for the Jubilee.
Of course it's part of our life here but being foreigners it's still a bit odd for us. I surely had a lot of fun just looking at my parents reactions about some things we saw today.

Two princesses invited us to drink tea in this shop :


then this lady below was at the checkout of our local Coop. You should have seen my parents' face when they spotted her, with her 2 flags in her hair :




Project 365+1 - Day 153 : Isolated

I had some difficulties with this word. Sometimes what's too easy becomes difficult. So I checked Google and found this :

Isolated : Having minimal contact or little in common with others.

So I had a play with my foam alphabets and came up with this, with the " Z " fitting the definition !


Take care everybody, xxx
   

7 comments:

Borqna said...

Bravo! Great idea! I love this picture -..a weekend!
I like a lot of pictures with your parents!

Anonymous said...

I Just love the photo of your mum sawing .

Helen said...

love your pictures, well done on the 'z'. You have a good weekend too.

Unknown said...

Bless Bubbles- she is so gentle. Holly would have destroyed the monkey within minutes unfortunately.

It's lovely to see the photos of your parents trip and hope you all enjoy a game of London Monopoly.

Janice said...

I had no idea you were not a native. Not that that means much anyway, most British don't have to go far to find their roots are elsewhere, especially the Royal Family. As a Scot, I'm a bit of a foreigner to all that union flag stuff too.

viv said...

You have a good weekend too.
I love you lonely z.

It looks like you are having a great time with your mum and dad.

Unknown said...

Lovely to read about a different point of view of our madness, our shop too had some staff with crowns and flags coming out of their head :D

I love the isolated message, love it! xxx