David takes it really cool, but we can see he is a bit, not worried but uncertain about how life on his own will be. He has mixed emotions about his new-to-be freedom and the fact he will be responsible for himself too. I guess that's pretty much what we all felt at our time, though these guys now have laptops and cell phones and it makes it so much easier for them to keep in touch. All that stuff wasn't even invented yet at our time. No we are NOT old !
We then went to have a game of ten pins bowling, you will read about that in the LSNED section.
Today is one day with Dennis just for me. Well I share him with the girls a bit.
I find it a bit difficult to deal with this whole situation. I read somewhere that even mums, though they deeply love their kids, can resent them sometimes. That's what happens with my step kids from time to time. I love them to bits but I will catch myself thinking I wish they wouldn't be here visiting. Having that feeling causes me a problem because I don't understand it. I am really happy for Dennis to be able seeing them and I must agree that I have a good time with them too, so where does that feeling comes from? I don't know.
After I had my bad fall and I went on PTSD Therapy, the lady I was seeing kept on telling me : " A thought is just a thought. As long as it pops in and pops out and you don't act on it, it's nothing but a thought. " So yes, let's say it's just a thought.
It is a bit of a dull day, not raining yet, but I guess it will soon. Off in a while to enjoy our free day, before Dennis goes again tomorrow. I prefer not thinking about Murphy yet, lol.
Project 365+1 - Day 260 : Leaves
Already done park leaves for Fall, so what about my favorite salad ?
LSNED
Day 14 : Change of season
The journaling says it all.
Day 15 : New skill Saturday
As a small good-bye /good luck celebration for David, we all went to play a game of bowling. It frustrates me incredibly to play so badly whereas my level 20 years ago was really top. I still beat them all but what an humiliation for me to see such a score. Each time we play, I promise myself to do something about it, but I never find the time.
I really should.
Take care everybody, xxx




9 comments:
Lol- I wish I had that skill. I am dreadful at ten pin bowling- usually get none or a strike- with no consistency!
Hoping to jump back into the photo challenge again today!
Glad Kim is coming back :)
lovely photo of you guys and great LSNED journalling xxx
I like the idea that a thought is just that and it doesn't necessarily require acting upon. I know also how odd our minds are, wanting something a lot and looking forward to it and then either not enjoying it enough or I fact looking forward to it passing.. strange thing our brains..
David will appreciate the little things when he is away, maybe he will even embrace the washing and dishes a little more when he has to do them all for himself! (Zac does!)
Good luck to David, I'm sure he will soon settle in. tasty leaves :-)
Your feelings are very normal and as you say as long as it stays a thought don't beat yourself up about it.
Good luck to David. It is a big step for him.
Great idea for leaves
good idea with the leaves. Good luck to David .
Interesting stuff today Anne. I agree a thought is just a thought, but it really makes you feel a bit odd doesn't it.
I hope Murphy doesn't arrive tomorrow!
xxx
Hello, classmate! :) I've really enjoyed seeing your pages on the LSNED forum.
I'm starting to fall off a bit on LSNED.
Need to bang out a few pages.
Rinda
Post a Comment