No no no, I don't mean Murphy, thanks God. I mean the Big Red Whale. More about that in the 365+1 challenge section.
Yesterday was nice, we didn't work what was a bit of a change. We went to an Art Cafe in Southampton, kind of cool atmosphere, you can go there to eat, drink, you can pick up a book and read or play a board game, listen to poetry. Only down thing were their sofas. Once you are in, you hardly can get out, lol.
Dennis left this morning with a later flight, so we only had to wake up at 5:30. Problem is that at that time, the M3 is much much busier than at 3am, so he almost missed his plane at 9. He wasn't happy and all stressed, poor thing, but he made it !
Talking about stress, you know the joke " How do you eat an elephant ? Piece by piece. " Well actually there is something really clever about that, because the only way to attack a big problem is to cut it into a lot of smaller problems. We were talking about that yesterday and I was telling Dennis how stressed I am when he is away, the biggest problem probably being the fear that Rhea would dislocate her hip again. It doesn't have to happen but the Vet said it's something to be taken into account. So we bought that small garden cart that's really good but it still didn't resolve the issue that it would be at home and Rhea and I would be in the park. What I needed was a "drill situation" so I would know exactly what to do if something happens.
We did brainstorming like leaving the cart in my car and parking my car close to one entrance of the park, but what happens I am at the opposite entrance ? We thought about me pulling the cart behind us during each walk, kind of surreal and also Rhea would be scared by it.
Eventually Dennis thought about the park gardener as he uses a small golf cart to drive around and he could come to us quickly and wait with Rhea (she knows him pretty well) or even bring us back home. So I met him this morning and talked to him about it, explaining it only would be for emergencies and I would pay him to come.
He was such a sweet guy. He said no way I would pay him. He gave me his cell phone number and said I could call him any time and if he would be somewhere else, he still would arrange for some local guys to come and help me. It's such a blessing to have nice people around.
So I continued my walk with Rhea and I felt 10 kg lighter ( I wish . . . but it's taken care of . . . ) and having such a much better mood now that there is a plan in place.
I was talking about 10-pins bowling yesterday, well I found a photo. November 11th 1986 in Poitiers, France. The tournament was with teams of 3. Our team was called the Peanuts (Peanuts was the name of my dog at the time). We were traveling from Paris and were seen as outsiders as we hadn't played together often.
Additionally to that, the Poitiers team was pretty good and they had never ever lost their own organized tournament. Well we did manage to beat them, in fact we beat everybody and won the tournament, so we even made it to the newspapers.
Peanuts was with us because I hadn't found anybody to keep her so she came along. It was so long ago but it feels like yesterday. My partners were called Frederic and Olivier. Gosh I was young !
I think memories is the best thing ever that was invented, lol.
The weather today is really nice.
More and more signs about autumn
I also start noticing the light is different. We go to the park more or less at the same time everyday and some photo angles have to be different.
Bubbles was in great shape today, playing with some friends and running after squirrels.
Project 365+1 - Day 261 : Ground Level
There couldn't have been a better word to officially re-introduce the Big Red Whale. So she is back now and this is what she was up to today :
LSNED 2012
Sorry, behind again, I will post tomorrow.
Take care everybody, xxx






6 comments:
So glad you found a way to de-stress what is a daily trip for you.. well innovated! I love memories too, kind of more now, since I found it really hard when Mum lost so many of hers, it was like my childhood was ebbing away with her, that's kind of how I started blogging and scrapbooking.
I think you should have taken the pictures out of the 'ground level' sofa yesterday if you had that special power of seeing into the future!
Nice to see the big red whale is back and what good news that the park keeper is so helpful.
I love your photos of memories. You must have been so proud when you won that Tournament.
great news about the park keeper, its so good to hear of nice helpful people. Lovely photo of ground level too.
Great photo from the big red whale :)
I love that photo of you with the bowling team, so beautiful.
Hurrah for the parkkeeper. Reminds me of Percy The Parkkeeper, a well loved series from the boys toddler years.
xxx
LOL to the red whale being back!!
I love memories but guess it is my age?
Glad stress has been reduced with your plan xx
And now you're very beautiful.
Well this - a French woman!
I love that photo of you with the bowling team!
Post a Comment