No right click

Saturday, 25 February 2012

If you want sunshine, wish for rain

The other day, I was talking about how words can talk to me in different ways.

I love Daffodils and together with tulips there are my 2nd favourite flowers (1st being wild mountain flowers), but I also love the way the word Daffodil sounds. The first time I heard it I was probably 13 or 14. We were studying at school an English poem from William Wordsworth called " The Daffoldils" and his description was so beautiful that from that day I loved Daffodils. You can read this poem here.

The word also sounds very pretty in French. Daffodils are called " Jonquilles ".


After having spotted the first open one yesterday, I could see today the park being covered with yellow spots blooming one after the one.  Give it a couple of days and it will be a yellow carpet.


Project 365+1 - Day 56 : Raindrops or Saturday

It was very kind of Suzie to give us a choice. I wanted to have a go at the raindrops but it's not going to happen today. My conclusion is that when you need rain you get the most beautiful sunshine ever (what I am certainly not going to complain about !).

So I had a go at the word Saturday, what was much less of a challenge because it's very easy to know it's saturday around here.

Monday to Friday, dogs walkers go to the park very early because they need to go to work. Working from home I don't have that urgency to go very early, so we hardly meet anybody.

On Sundays, there are several football training and matches in another part of the park and families go there to support their kids and grandkids.

On Saturdays however, everybody sleeps a bit longer and then brings the dogs out for a long walk in the park. So we go out a bit later too and we meet everybody else.

Saturdays are the perfect time for 2 legs and 4 paws to socialize and the girls just love meeting all their friends.




Take care everybody, xxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh- what wonderful photos! Unfortunately Holly is a bit of a bossy dog- so has to be watched carefully when we are out. She is easing a bit in her old age though- and we did have similar photos a few weeks back where she ran off with the boys!!!!!!

I too love daffodils. My mum ALWAYS buys me my first bunch of the year and they have been flowering on the windowledge this week. The ones in the garden have been trying to decide whether to make an appearance- think they might need another week!

Lynne said...

Daffodils are DH's favourite flower, maybe cos he is severly colour blind and yellow is such a clear fessh colour to him?
Have a lovely weekend xx

Kristina said...

What a nice way to spend a Saturday. And I also like daffodils - the flowers and the poem. It reminds me of a Hercule Poirot film where he reads this very poem and Hastings doesn't like it at all - or is it vice versa. And jonquilles certainly sounds amazing - as so many other French words. Yellow flowers are my favourite - a burst of energy.

Gez Butterworth said...

Spring has definately started to appear.. isn't it lovely. Enjoy the rest of your day..xx

Anonymous said...

love the daffodil photo.

viv said...

Their's nothing like a natter (or a sniff) with a friend.

cookcreateread said...

lol! Love the doggy meet ups :D