Since I monitor the temperature in our garden, it looks like we have broken our record as this morning the thermometer showed
but there was a really beautiful sunrise, well, sunrise over our fence as it was already 9 and the sun was out since quite a while.
Once again, the walk in the park was pretty cold, but I enjoyed it.
People walking their dogs (the ones who don't know me) sometimes looks at me like I am a bit nuts. I don't know if I am but something happened this morning again.
I couldn't take a picture as I was alone with the dogs but I can make you imagine the scene. I am a size 14 but when I go to the park, I look like a size 26 or so, as not being able to stand the cold I seriously add on the jumpers. Then you also need to know my skiing anorak is bright red, so it should be hard to miss me.
I took this picture this morning:
Is it my fault if the grass grows on the ground? I was kind of laying down flat on my tummy, trying to get a good shot, when this woman popped out of nowhere between the trees with her little dog and suddenly saw me. She looked at me kind of horrified so I said "Hi". She picked her doggy and said "Come Lulu, we need to go".
Why are people so weird? Is it so unusual to see a red whale trying to take a good picture?
Project 365+1 - Day 42: Portrait of a loved one
This morning I was going to the movies with a friend to see "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" (it's very good by the way, although hard to keep dry eyes) and I was wondering how I would get my portrait photo of the day.
I wanted to get Hubby, but you can't ask him to pose for a photo. He has a beautiful smile, as long as there is no camera. As soon as he spots a camera, he becomes nervous and his smile becomes an advertising campain for " use this toothpaste and like me you will have beautiful white teeth and not a single filling". Arrgghhh! So I thought I would need a good plan.
In the meantime my windshield was very badly covered with (beautiful) frost so I started scraping, thinking it would take ages.
Hubby then popped out and proposed to help me. That's when I got my shot.
It pictures him doing what he always does: kindly help others.
Take care everybody, xxx





12 comments:
Anne just love your blogging and this story too!
What a fab journey we are having with this challenge, thank you for visiting me too!
He sounds lovely! Great way to get a shot. I love the ice on the windscreen- so pretty. I've just got in work and mine is watching rugby- so not much chance that he'll agree to have his photo taken. The girls are hibernating in their rooms- so think Holly is going to have to pose for this one.
And no- that woman clearly hasn't noticed these arty types taking photos all around!!!!!
awww you just gotta love them when they do little things like this for us :) I love how is totally oblivious to the fact that hes just been snapped..
Your walkies stories always make me smile, and i agree with you.. its def the other ppl who are weird! i wouldnt bat an eyelid if i saw someone lying on the floor, trying to get the grass to stand still for the perfect shot :D
Love the red whale description, laughing so hard have stopped husband studying.
That's a great shot! I'm still sneaking around behind my loved one, but he he keeps spotting me so no photo yet!
Lol Anne :) That frost is so beautiful! Great shot of hubby :)
wish my hubby was so obliging .love the window photo
Great shots. Excuse me if I laugh at your 'low' temperatures, I live in Scotland!
That made me laugh out loud too :) Well done on the sneaky shot taking!
What a great and kind idea to take a photo at a moment when he doesn't expect it. As for your story from the park - it made me laugh so much and I do agree with you that there are lots and lots of weird people out there. Whatever is wrong with wearing bright red and taking photos of the ground?
I also love your blogs and photos. I really enjoy reading them. your photo are great of the frost and I'm still chuckling about you taking the photos of the grass. The photo of hubby is great, he is totally absorbed in what he is doing
Thanks for your comment on my photo. At the risk of him getting a big head I showed it to hubby, his comment with a brod grin was "she must be nice". He still managed to get out the door so head not swollen too much.
Post a Comment