My walk in the park made me realize 2 things today.
The 1st one is that the law of nature is pretty different than the human law.
For example, let's say you strangle your neighbour, the probabilty you get caught is pretty high and you definitely will end up in jail for quite a while.
I took this picture this morning:
The small branches on this big trunk belong to another tree. He is growing in circle around the trunk tighter and tighter until the big tree can't breath anymore and surrenders. Then the smaller tree can fully develop and use him as a support.
That's really getting away with murder, isn't it?
My other picture was this one:
I don't know if you ever came into contact with this plant. I did and all I could remember about it is that you better keep away because it has massive nasty thorns. What I realized this morning is that it also has beautiful delicate flowers.
So very often if we go pass the first feeling of uglyness or disgust we can find real beauty behind it. It's all up to us.
Project 365+1 - Day 59: Grey
The skies are surely grey today but I opted for one of my favourite Papermania capsule grey papers and my promarkers.
Take care everybody, xxx



10 comments:
Great photos I have never seen the plant before. I will try and remember to find the beauty in things.
Nature can be so cruel but as you say shows beauty in the most unexpected way aswell. The yellow flowers are so pretty.
I love the idea for the 'grey'- great photo.
Hi.. the yellow plant is gorse and it is prolific in the south west, on hedges and the moors. It harbours blackebberes in the summer, so we are all aware of those thorns when out picking ! Good grey ideas.. x
Fabulous photos Anne :) Love that grey paper!
Thought it was gorse KathiJo. It has a wonderful smell if I remember correctly.
Thinking of beauty in things I have just finished a scrap page about how we had a broken window on our car because a stone had shattered it. All I could see was damage but all a little girl I gave a lift to could see was the beautiful patterns made by the sun on the cracks. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I have a gorse plant in my garden; my Belgian neighbour thinks I am mad to leave it there, but I love the smell of honey from its flowers, and the bees love it as well.
Such beautiful photos and just love your thoughts too
I love your thoughts and photos today. Ivy is such a tenacious plant but it is wonderful for wild life, the berries feed the birds and the leaves and vines are a home for millions of insects and nest sites. Gorse provides us with a flash of yellow at this time of year and also provides nectar for insects as well as the thorns. Nature seems to provide dual roles for everything. It's wonderful
Such lovely bright yellow on that gorse - takes me back to my Shropshire childhood. Nice to see a different take on grey too, not just the sky!
maybe that was the tree that tried to cross the road.. and the other one is just making sure it stays put??
love the delicate flowers.. i guess they need all those thorns to be protected and safe from grabbing hands.
I must admit ive never had a promarker (ive heard lots about them, but never had one) but it was a great idea for a drab word :)
Post a Comment