No right click

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Me against the World or the World against Me ?

Today is one of those days again.

The girls were eager to get me out of bed.


The photo is a bit dark but at 5:30 am, there isn't too much light in my bedroom.

I could have them sleep downstairs but I feel more secure when they are around at night. Additionally to that, if I close the baby gate to keep them downstairs, they will go upstairs as far as they can and drop all their toys one by one down the stairs, then go down, pick them up and do it again. I am sure they do it on purpose because nobody can keep on sleeping with this kind of noise.

Anyway, I stole another hour and then got up. They had their breakfast, I had mine,
I answered a couple of emails, by the time we were ready to go to the park, it was 9:45.

????????????????????????????????

What happened between 6:30 and 9:45 ?  Don't know.

We go to the park and it all starts again. Rhea sniffes around and walks 1 meter per 10 minutes. I keep on calling her and I know she can hear me because her ears are moving, but she has decided she doesn't want to come. So I think OK, I am going to sit down. So do I. Only problem, the bench closest to me is in metal.

 
Who in his right mind makes benches in metal? It is impossible to sit on it more than 30 seconds without freezing your buttocks and that also goes for the red whale.
Breathe, breathe, breathe.
So I leave in direction of the wooden bench, a bit farer away, sit down and call the dogs.

That's Bubbles. I call, she comes.



That's Rhea



Well that was . . . Because she has decided to run now, so we continue our walk. We meet a guy with an Irish Setter, the dogs start playing, when I realize I only have one glove. Arrgghh ! So upset ! ! !

I love my gloves, I don't care if they cost £2, I love my gloves. So we need to go back and search. I put the remaining one under Rhea's nose. She looks at me like "what's wrong with you ?". I do the same with Bubbles who is more like "That doesn't look like a ball to me".
OK, then I am on my own, should have known, fair enough. Trying to go back in my steps. After a while:



Wow, my guardian Angel is on my side today, I certainly write that down in my happy moments book.

I take my glove and then we meet some new people with 2 small doggies and Rhea plays with them. The guy comes towards me and asks:

- Is the other one yours too?

I look at Bubbles and I say yes. He goes on:

- You need to clean up after her.

In fact, Bubbles is just marking her territory so that's what I tell him.

- No, she did do something and you need to pick up after your dog.

Bubbles is 20 meters away and this guy who doesn't know MY dog keeps on telling ME what she is doing. I try to explain again that the physical position of the dog would be different that's why I know, but he doesn't let go.

By now, if I were a boy, this guy would be flat on the floor with at least one black eye. But I am a girl and he is quite much bigger than me, so let's try again. But he keeps on and says that there are wardens around and I am going to go to jail because I don't pick up after my dog.

I think I am going to explode. Now there is ONE psycho in the park and guess what: He had to chose ME and to chose TODAY. Can somebody give me a break?

I end up asking him if he would be kind enough to show me where the crime was committed. Luckily for me, the park is an old Golf Course and the place he is leading me to is where one of the 18 holes was, so the grass planted there is extremely short.

So we arrive there and I say OK so where is it? We have a look around and obviously there is nothing to find but that's not good enough because he now says it must be hidden below some leaves.

WHAT ???? Is there a hidden camera somewhere or did I just attract a nutter ?
Yes, I taught my dogs to do that. They do their stuff then they pick up some leaves and cover it.

Of course we don't find anything on or below the leaves and the guy eventually leaves absolutely furious against me because it wasn't his job anyway to show me where my dogs are " doing it ".

By the time we reach home, I wish I had never got out of bed.

I know it all sounds funny and it probably is and I even might laugh about it if I read again in a couple of months. But currently I don't find it funny. I even don't understand what kind of lesson life is trying to teach me. I do what I can to go out of this mess I am in,  is it really necessary for whomever out there to put so many stones I can tumble on each time I just do my best to put one foot in front of the other ?

When my Father In Law turned 90, I made a card for him and I included in it a Chinese proverb that I find extremely beautiful. It says:

 You cannot prevent the Birds of Sorrow from flying over your head but you can prevent them from building a nest in your hair.

Still it's easier said than done . . .


Project 365+1 - Day 66 - Cooking

My favourite kitchen utensil being in Brussels there isn't much cooking being done in this house so on the project side, it didn't start looking good either.

Google was on my side today (at least one), because although it mentionned that cooking was the process of preparing food by heating it, it also said that cooking is the practice or skill of preparing food.
 
So that allowed me to take my picture of today , it was a "A la carte" lunch.



Take care everybody, xxx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your lunch does look yummy! Does Rhea eat carrots?

Anne said...

Yes Kim, Rhea absolutely loves carrots. She would do anything for a piece of carrot. Actually, I just realized I should take some to the park . . .

Anonymous said...

sending you some hugs.hope you enjoyed your lunch