No right click

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

The joy of getting wet

Yesterday it didn't stop raining for a single second. It wasn't pouring down all time, but it didn't stop raining. Rhea can stay inside for a couple of days. Being older she enjoys a long good sleep but Bubbles after half a day gets unsettled so at 3pm, I took my raincoat and off we went. It was raining so we obviously got wet, but she was happy to look around, we even met some other courageous people. There was no way to take nature pictures though as I didn't want to damage my camera.

At 4pm, we decide to do again what we did last week; Play squash. I had a lot of fun but if
I tell you what I did, you wil laugh for the next hour. Some tennis players or footballers pull a muscle sometimes in their leg or arm or shoulder. Yesterday I slightly pulled a muscle . . . . .  in my buttocks. I ran to catch a ball and extended my body to the maximum doing the Maria Sharapova scream and when I went back to vertical, there was this kind of electricity pain. Why can't I do things like anybody else, LOL. I took some Ibuprofen back home and it's almost gone today !

As you know, I was brought up in the south of France and when I was little ( long long time ago, lol ! ), the weather was predictible. If you wanted to have a nice sunshine during your holidays, the south of France was the place to go. It did rain sometimes in Autumn, but never for long and in summer we had the most magnificient thunderstorms but only due to the heat that could reach above mid thirties.
There was ( is ? )  a part of France famous for rain: Normandie and this famous French comedian I often talk about used to say " Normandie is a fantastic place to go for holidays, especially if you are friend with a frog and take her with you, at least she will be happy ! "
That's a bit the way I feel here. The garden has been invaded by snails and slugs excepted the fact that I am not friends with them so I keep on picking them up and dropping them along the side of the road, but somehow either they manage to find their way back or they have a massive extended family.

Nowadays, the world has become mad. Well let's say WE made it mad, with all our supposed evolutionary technology that poisons it and I really wonder what kind of planet we will leave for our kids.

In the past 15 years, we used to go abroad a lot for holidays to discover new places and also to make sure we get nice weather. We don't do that anymore because of financial issues, because we don't want to leave the girls and we enjoy taking them with us but also because you haven't got a clue what the weather will be.

Somehow we more or less gave up going somewhere on holidays even in England because it's almost as if not more expensive than going abroad and if it has to be pouring down the whole time, we think it's much cheaper to stay home for playing cards.

Today is the same, it is raiing, raining, raining. I am waiting a bit, but then I will have to take Bubbles out again ! Do I hate that !!!



Project 365+1 - Day 185 : Dirt

I heard on the radio yesterday that June 2012 was the wettest June since 1910. Doesn't surprise me. Such a weather is a delight to keep the house clean, but dog owners ( or may be even cat owners ? ) will agree with me, keeping the house clean with this weather becomes a double delight when you have animals. The girls are constantly in and out of the house and as soon as they come back in, I get 8 muddy paws prints on my kitchen flloor.

To try keeping the dirt out, I put a towel on the floor as it seems it's what does the job best. It isn't ideal but when I see the color of it, it's at least all that dirt that I managed not to have inside the house !


Take care everybody and keep dry if you can, xxx
  

9 comments:

Helen said...

Oh dear about the dirt and the squash. Hope you keep the muscle ok today, and yes the weather doesnt help with dirt does it. Hope you get less rain today for your walk.

Borqna said...

Well done, Anne! Wonderful post. I was able to read everything.
Oh, if we do change - we want rain. From two days there is a fire in the mountains! My heart suffers ..
Sending you good weather and sunshine!
Great photo! I think you really care well for girls. They are very beautiful!

Borqna said...

+ For muscle pain drink - cold milk! Immediately after training.

viv said...

The weather is dry here today but very cloudy. We have the same paw problem with our cat but not so big.

Lynne said...

Snap we have a similar photo for today's word!!

You sound very 'anglo' talking about the weather! Have to say our misty rain dried up but vey dull and feels damp!!!

Alison Roots said...

I've given up on the cat with paw prints but I do object this weather when a wet bundle of fur starts snuggling up to me in bed.

Janice said...

Great dirt photo!

Unknown said...

Lol, we do that too Anne a towel down at the back door. Mats just don't cut it :)

Yes it is a persistent drizzle isn't it, but quite heavy.

Glad the buttock is not complaining today :) xxxx

KathiJo said...

I also heard the thing about milk helping exercise recovery! We walked around Lille, about 5 miles on Saturday and I slightly sprained my foot(not very sensible walking flip flops!) .. but better now..hope your ass is too!!!