No right click

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Black or white

I am a yes or no, black or white person. I know it's one of my flaws but today I need to make amends because I caught myself thinking " Do is it really have to be either cold or hot in this country. Can't we have a middle way ? "

It was so hot this morning in the park and with the hay fever thing, I was almost suffocating.

I found some new inhabitants, never seen them before.


Some beautiful color variations in the trees:


Something that surely should be somewhere else:


Bubbles playing hide and seek in the flowers :


Although we went early it was really hot by the time we came back and the girls were happy to lay down on the fresh kitchen floor.

May be you remember on Day 120, the word was " lights " and I took a photo in our living room of all these Hallogen lamps that broke and were waiting for extermination.

So I thought, because mind you, DH found a use for them, lucky me. He covered them with ... whatever the name is, it' a soft long tube with a hole in the middle and kids can fight with it without hurting each other. Doing that, he transformed each lamp into a Wing Chun basic dummy. Here he is testing one:


I must agree the base is swinging exactly the right way. I wanted to ask " do you really need 3 of them? " but I would have got a smile and the answer " Have you seen your craft room stash ? " so I didn't ask .

Sometimes it's better to leave the battlefield and let the other side believe they won . . .  even if you perfectly know they didn't and now they owe you !

On a totally different topic, in the past weeks I've been impressed by the kindness of people on this forum who send others some gifts for a special occasion like a 100th on their blog or so. There is also Ruth who does the " Happy Mail " what I find such a sweet idea, so I decided I want to do something like this too.

There is no special occasion though, so like the non birthday celebration in Alice in wonderland, let's call it the " no-occasion " occasion.

I have prepared 2 small sets of things for cardmakers. Just include in your comment if you would like to receive one. I don't have a blog picker so I will ask Hubby to pick 2 of you out of a hat. You can participate until midnight tonight and I will tell tomorrow who won.

PS: If I already started invading your house with stuff, you are still very welcome to participate, lol !


Project 365+1 - Day 144 : Artificial

The word perfectly fitted something I needed to do today: Color my hair.

Yep, my hair color is artificial. I naturally have very dark brown almost black hair ( Daddy was born in Spain, it helps ! ) but I add these kind of Chestnut reflections because it looks much softer I think.

That's the official version and that's my photo for today :



The unofficial version is that excepted some dark brown hair individuals that manage to escape the aging process, I color my hair to fight all these white and greys nasty invaders that I hate sooo much.

A small funny note : I look very much like my dad and when I was in my late teens, it's something I was hearing every 5 mns " Oh you look so much like your dad ! " . I was at this age when you want to be an individual and certainly not look like your parents so I took a drastic measure and changed my hair color into platinum blond. For sure it stopped the comments, lol.

It really didn't fit me at all but during that time it allowed me to grow up.  So I then went back to my original color and the " Oh you look so much like your dad ! " started again immediately. The difference is that now I am quite happy to look like dad !

Take care everybody, xxx
   

7 comments:

Sian said...

Yep, I coloured my hair today too Funny thing with me is that the hairdresser tells me my best shade is an auburn - and everyone else in my family apart from me is a natural auburn.

Ruth of Happy mail is a lovely, lovely person :)

Unknown said...

Taken me ages to get into the comments on your blog today!!! Love the park photos- such lovely bright greens and flowers.

I think I am going to have to start colouring my hair for the first time. THe odd grey hair seems to be multiplying as my fil kindly tells me!!!

I'd love to be considered for the draw please!

Helen said...

beautiful long hair

viv said...

That new flower in the park is Pink Campion, Anne.
You have such lovely long hair. I used to die mine but now it is a all over grey (white).

Stellan's Garden said...

wasnt it a lovely sunny day!! love your flower shots and thanks viv for identifying the mystery flower!

im a sucker for dying my hair... but i go all fancy colours, we had panic station when i realised two days before our wedding that my hair was bright purple!! i had to throw on some mellow colours and luckily it turned out ok into a nice mahogony type shade. i was white blonde when i was younger, then i had ds1 and went gradually darker! at the moment my hair is purple again but it was blue and pink in between :D maybe i should take a leaf out of your book and grow up and colour a more natural tone.. natty would love that, her mum finally growing up!

Unknown said...

Anne, your hair is simply glorious. So long and rich.
I have to dye mine, I am not ready to be grey.
The photos are beautiful and as I am playing catch-up and know the word of today is soft, the one of the trees would have been perfect, the grass looks so soft and fluffy.

I have new happy mail from you and it made me happy, I have had some thoughts today as to what to do with it to include in the upcoming wedding, but besides that it made me have a happy day just for receiving :)

KathiJo said...

Mmm, I was going to tell you about the Pink Champion but Viv beat me.. my Mum used to know lots of plants and now I find myself remembering them too.. it is a kind of weed though, as in ' you wouldn't plant one's generally x