In France we had a very famous comedian called Coluche ( I think I mentioned him previously ) who unfortunatley died very early in his life due to a motorbike accident. One of his sketches was called something like: I tested for you and I am going to borrow this title today.
In the series I tested for you : You have plenty of fonts on your computer and when I say plenty I mean PLENTY. You have the official Microsoft ones plus all the ones you downloaded over the years for your crafting and scrapbooking. You even might have a FontViewer but when you open a document and try to select a font there are plenty appearing that you will never ever use because you don't like them. It's just upsetting and time consuming so you decide to delete them. It's a bit difficult for some Microsoft ones but you looked for a tutorial on the web and you managed to delete the chinese, hebrew . . . that you don't use. You of course made sure you keep the classical Arial types . .
Now you are sooo happy you only see YOUR fonts. Then you happen to have an i-phone so you use i-Tunes. It happens that you want to synch your phone so I-tunes opens and what happens? Your menu is gone. Why? Because this stupid i-tunes is using as standard a stupid font that no other program uses and that you of course deleted. So you can't do anything because you can't see anything.
Advice time: It took me half a day to repair because Microsoft doesn't " give " its fonts away EVEN if you already run Windows. So: suffer in silence and DON'T TOUCH the Microsoft fonts.
Project 365+1 - Day 141 : Minimalist
Some day I think that's it, we had the weirdest word ever but day after day Suzie still manages to do it again. Where on earth does she pick the words, lol.
This one needed serious research and I eventually took the minimalist art direction.
I had this idea ( yes, because I also get visions . . . ) to use an apple because I wanted to play with one dominant color contrasting with the green of the park, so I took one to the park and started shooting.
I can't decide between the single photo and the collage so you get them both.
Oh and why did I give this title to my blog entry today ( by the way no offence to religious people it's just an expression ) ?
Well firstly there was the birth of the Big Red Whale and some people kind of started doubting my sanity. Then there was the stranger photo assignment that I managed by making an absolute fool out of myself ( what didn't help repair their vision of me ).
As of this morning I've been playing " to be or not to be " with an apple at the end of my arm.
One thing is sure: after today if there was an infinitesimal part of my reputation left, it's gone for sure.
But hey, that's part of the job ! ! !
Take care everybody, xxx


6 comments:
love your interpretation.. im still digging round my brain for this one..
oh and to show just how much of a pedantic german i can be.. surely you dont mean to mix Wilhelm Tell (written by Schiller) and Hamlet (written by Shakespeare who utters "to be or not to be") :D :D or is that where the reference to the comedian comes in? :P
Ha ha Nicky, you brain is even more complicated than mine. No there was no connection to Wilhelm Tell. I just happened to have an apple at home but I could have taken an orange if I would have had one. The relation to Hamlet, yes definitely.
As for the comedian, it was just the title of his sketch. I did test how it is to delete fonts and I can testify after test that it isn't a good idea ! xx
What a striking photo- and a great idea.
love the photos of the apple in different locations in the park
Great idea for the prompt, Anne I like all your photos but I think the best is the first. I wouldn't know how to delete fonts so I'll have no problem there
Oh no what a day you have had! It was a good ambitious idea though, blame the gremlins.
I love the photos, I like the one of you holding it best.
It's a slippery slope. agreed! Jen xx
Post a Comment